Monday, July 14, 2008

the perfect dress

So my mom and i went shopping today. I wanted a sundress to wear to my grandparents' 50 anniversary party. We went to a bunch of stores, and we were out for hours. First we went to the dress barn--if we were going to find the perfect dress it would be there--but the clothes there are pretty expensive and all their dresses were too fancy. I actually came across one dress that i really liked but it was too big and they didn't have smaller sizes in it. So then we went to tjmax. They had some cool stuff there but their sizes run small and so all the dresses i liked from there didn't fit me. So then we went to macys and looked in both the misses sections and the womens sections, (i'm right in between the two), but we didn't find any dresses that fit me right. By the time we had gotten to macys i had given up and i was willing to go with something on the fancy side. But since macys was in the mall, we decided to go to another store in the mall to look and if we didn't find the perfect dress then we were going home and wearing a shirt and skirt to the party, which i didn't really want to do because i had been wanting a sundress for a while now.

So the last store we looked in was newyorkandcompany. We found it. It was a simple low-cut v-neck knee-length pinkish dress in exactly my size. Not too fancy, but not too bland. Its one of those dresses that only tall people can really pull off. Which is perfectly fine with me since im 6' tall. I can wear it and dress it up or i can wear it to school with a black cami and black leg-warmers underneath. It's adorable. My next mission is to find some pink peace-sign earrings to match. I finally found my perfect dress and im gonna wear it all the time. There's a picture at the bottom... not too great of a smile, huh?


*hugs*
~MC signing out

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the dress! it's really pretty and looks great on you! (but, no doubt, would look horrible on me since i'm short and short people probably couldn't pull that off, lol)
xoxo,
lulu

Rose M. Pratt said...

lulu ur awesome, ty!!! o btw, u'd look good in anything!!! XD

Willow said...

Oh!! Finally, You got a perfect dress!! I wanna see your choice!! It sounds great!!