Sunday, January 04, 2009

newton

So ive just added a person to my updatable important people key, and his code-name is newton.  I call him this because he reminds me of the character mike newton in the twilight books.  In the first book, mike newton was said to be taking on the qualities of a golden retriever.  This is exactly what this kid is doing.

So newton is a junior, i'm a sophomore, and i apparently was a little too nice to him at the homecoming dance.  None of his friends were there, so since he was sorta my friend and really nice, i let him hang out with me and my friends the whole night.  Of course, me being the way too nice person that i am, he develops this HUGE crush on me.  So now i'm wondering if he likes me or not, cuz if he does things might get a little awkward.  and that, my friends, is the understatement of the century.

So my awesome friend elle with her crush radar, comes in a confirms my suspicions.  Its scary really, she knows when i like somebody before i know i like them.  But anyway, i'm certain this kid likes me.  And then the invitations start.

So first he invites me to a movie.  I'm thinking, ok cool i like movies, its not a date or anything, and i can invite other people to send him a clear message.  And so as movie time comes nearer and nearer, it turns more and more into a date.  He buys both our tickets off of fandango before im even sure if i can find a way out of this, so im trapped.  So watev, ill bring my matt and his friend along, they would like the movie and that'll work.  I get there and he wont let me pay for my own drink or anything. So now we're both aware that this is a casual date, and we're both aware that the other one is aware.  "Hehehe, not for long," i say to myself.  "I just need to get matt and his buddy to sit between us or something... mwahaha..." (sry dramatic effect.)  

so matt and his buddy decide to sit on the opposite side of the theater from us, being the complete assholes that they're capable of being, so that went interestingly.  I just made sure i kept my distance and lucky for me, he never made a move.  "Phew, that was close," she thinks to herself as she makes a point of not giving him a hug before he leaves.  Don't ask why i'm doing that, i really don't know, i picked it up from jake and now its kind of how im thinking.

so i get out of that, and make sure i find a way out of everything he invites me to.  Yeah, sounds easy enough until hes inviting u to EVERYTHING.  Like his family's ski trip in Colorado, a Switchfoot concert (that one was soooooooo hard to turn down, but i had homework anyway.), and an ice skating trip in New York City.  Not to mention the bazillions of movies.  Luckily, i actually had good excuses for all of those.  The traveling ones and the concert, my parents would never let me, which they wouldn't, and for the movies, i have a shitload of homework and im trying to find time to practice my cello let-alone watch tv let-alone-let-alone go to a movie.  So thats all good and done.

It gets better.  He starts walking me from orchestra to history every other day.  Yeah. too far.  i now have to find a way to tell him to back off.  Seeing as he has yet to confess his deep, obsessive love for me, i have to figure grounds to tell him to back off on.  Basically, the only way of doing this without being a bitch about it (which would keep me up at night in endless guilt, how could i break a dudes heart?)  I had to figure out how to get him to tell me that he liked me, without him knowing that i had this whole thing planned against him.  So my AMAZING friend stilliam helps me come up with this plan, which is a horribly mean plan, but newton would never know it, to get him to admit it to me.  

Stilliam gets newton's cell # from me and starts texting him, posing as a girl that knew him in middle school and used to have a crush on him.  So this girl, who we designated Kristen Johnson, wants to know if he liked her.  He says i have no idea who you are, so she just goes on about how if u don't like me then who do you like?  and so of course he figured out that it was stilliam, being the smart stalker that he is, but doesn't figure out why he was doing it.  Somehow he still told stilliam he likes me and he tells me that he told stilliam.  I say something like "o yeah i do this to all my friends, i confuse them and i know who they like too! so if my partner in crime gets to know, so do i!! who is it?"

and so he told me, simple as that.  and he asked me out right then and there, and i said no i don't date, (which i don't) we went on being friends, ive told him to back off in a very nice way, im sure he never took offense.  but i made the mistake of adding him to my list of ppl that i sent my christmas text message to.  I sent this message to all my friends, saying something like, "i friggin love u, u big dork merry christmas!" and he took it the wrong way so now he thinks im into him again even though i said no im not.  so hes inviting me places again.  fun fun.

Ah, such is life.  time for bed, tonight's the last night of christmas break, and ive got to go to sleep.

*hugs*
~MC signing out <3

No comments: